Always have the urge to bake scones, so I finally did it! * cheers *
It's easy as A B C, everyone can bake c:
Yield around 20 scones ( depending size and thickness )
Prep time : 40 minutes
Baking time : 12 - 15 minutes
2 cups / 250g of flour, cake flour preferably but plain flour works well too c:
1 tablespoon / 15g of granulated sugar
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup / 56g of unsalted butter, cold, cubed
2/3 cup / 160ml of whole milk
Additional 1 egg, beaten ( egg wash )
2 tablespoons of cranberries or raisins, * optional *
1. Preheat the oven at 200 C / 390 degrees F
2. In a bowl add in flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and whisk until combined.
3. Add cold butter and cut the butter into flour with fingers, until bread crumb like. Or you can use a pastry blender / food processor, and pulse it until fine sands.
4. Transfer into a bowl.
5. Crack an egg into a bowl and beat lightly. Make a well in the centre of the butter-flour mixture. Add in milk and egg mixture. Then fold until moistened.
6. I'm using 2 tablespoons of raisins and stir it until combined. If you're not using any cranberries or raisins just skip this step.
7. Flour generously the work surface.
8. Turn the batter on to the work surface. Pat it out to a round 1 inch thick.
9. Then stamp out rounds with a circle cookie cutter and place on a baking sheet.
10. Brush the tops of the scones with the egg wash.
11. The refrigerate it for around 2mins, let it set and cool. * optional *
12. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until well-risen and golden brown.