Suki-Ya , Pavilion

Hey peeps, i'm back ! :D
Yesterday went to celebrate my birthday with my family.
OMG ! I'm officially 14years old now. :O

My parents brought me to Pavilion, and we're searching for restaurant to celebrate my birthday.
I told my parents I wanna try out the Suki-Ya at Tokyo Street. Cause that day I went out with my friend, Xin Wei, and I was attracted by their menu, and I told myself I wanna try it one day. And now, my parents made my wish came true. :D

In Pavilion, there are something new for you guys to explore is the newly renovated Tokyo Street. Located on the 6th floor in  Pavilion. It's a section that house many Japanese eateries, products and some house hold goods for you to explore.

Suki-Ya is located at Tokyo Street, Pavilion, just next to Daiso. What it Suki-Ya?

Suki-ya is a "House of Hot Pot" is designed to offer heart-warming dining experiences at equally endearing prices. Diners enjoy unlimited, top-quality Australian chilled beef and farmed chicken that are oh-so-delicious in their own right. Suki-ya has it's vegetable bar featuring a wide variety of fresh vegetables to round up the meal with a healthy touch. Along with the sumptuous soups and broths, dining at Suki-ya is bound to perk up everyone's taste buds.

We are given to chose 3types of soup which are normal shabu, Sukiyaki and Kimuchi soup. Not to mention, free flow of meat : Lamb, beef and chicken.

The Australian beef and lamb are cut in paper-thin slices. My advise it to go for the lamb and beef and skip the chicken. The chicken was at best ordinary but frankly, too fatty to enjoy. The beef is my favourite, both tender and flavoursome.

This is their cute little guider : telling of what sauces they have ( Ponzu, Sesame and fermented bean ), how to cook it and etc.

There are 2types of dips provided for the shabu-shabu.
Ponzu ( shoyu + vinegar ) : which is suitable for vegetables.
Misotare ( spicy bean paste sauce ) : which is suitable for meats.
There is also gomatare ( sesame sauce ), but this is only available on request.
My parents and I really liked the misotare sauce, it went really well with the lamb and beef.

My shabu and sukiyaki :
I aslo learn some tips on the guider. 
How to Enjoy Delicious Sukiyaki
1. Fill 1/2 the pot with sukiyaki stock broth and boil it. 
2. Add leek and onion or other vegetables. 
3. Dip sliced meat into sukiyaki stock. Don't over cook the meat. Once ready, dip meat into beaten raw egg and enjoy. 
4. Lastly add udon, rice or ramen of your choice to remaining stock and enjoy the rich flavour of all the ingredients in the hot pot. 

Suki-ya uses premium pasteurized egg. This raw egg can be used for sukiyaki dipping sauce. Good on its own. And I tried it. It's oh-so-delicious. 
1. Crack and eat the egg in a bowl.
2. Cook the fresh sliced meat in a soup broth. 
3. Once it is cook, dip the meat in a freshly beaten egg. 
4. Then enjoy ! 
The meat eaten this way is smoother and taste juicier

Dessert is simple. They only have roasted rice ( vanilla ), chocolate or a mixture of both ice cream. It's do it yourself sundae. You can choose cone or in cup. There are toppings like sprinkles, raisins, peanuts and cornflakes.
Roasted rice ice-cream with sprinkles. 

Chocolate with chocolate sprinkles.

Restarant name : Suki-Ya
Address : Lot 6.24.04 Level 6,
               Pavilion KL Shopping Centre,
               168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 
               55100 Kuala Lumpur,
               Malaysia.
Operation hours
Lunch : 11am till 5pm ( Monday till Sunday )
Dinner : 5pm till 10pm ( Monday till Sunday )
Tel : 03 2141 4272
Price
Lunch : Adult ( RM 29.80++ ) ; Child 50% off adult price.
Dinner : Adult ( RM 39.80++ ) ; Child 20% off adult price.

Comments

Popular Posts